- Designed for joinery and light commercial work
- Sharpened and ready for use
- Blade hardened and annealed for edge thats slow to blunt yet easy to sharpen
- Solid one-piece forged blade ensures structural integrity
- Blade lacquered for rust protection
- Large, strong tang keeps the handle firmly attached
- Handle helps reduce harmful vibration
- Soft-touch friction grip for improved comfort
- Striking Cap prolongs durability and prevents mushrooming of handle
Marples Irwin MS500 Bevel Edge Chisel Soft Touch Handle 1 in MARS5001
Marples MS500 series soft-touch bevel edge chisels have a metal striking cap which allows use with a hammer, and prolongs the life of the handle and prevents mushrooming.
The soft-touch handles are oil and water resistant to prevent slippage and to give improved comfort even during prolonged use. The handle design also reduces vibrations and reduces hand fatigue.
One-piece blade forging gives added strength and durability. Made from special tool steel which ensures a much sharper cutting edge for quicker and easier operation. A special hardening process gives the blade a longer lasting edge – less time spent re-sharpening. The blade is hardened to the last inch giving more working chisel for your money.
Every chisel is honed and sharpened ready for use out of the packet – to save you time and effort.
Type: bevel edge.
Size 1 in – 25mm